The 55th Annual Abingdon Christmas Parade organized by the Kiwanis Club for the Town of Abingdon and sponsored by Bart Long & Associates Realty and Auction, LLC.
Things to remember:
- All parade entries must be decorated in the spirit of Christmas.
- Christmas themed music is encouraged but no bullhorns or loud speakers are permitted.
- Do not throw candy from vehicles, candy is encouraged and should be distributed by hand. This is for safety!!!
- The Kiwanis Club reserves the right to reject any entry they feel is inappropriate for the parade. A full refund will be made for rejected entries.
- The parade is a fundraiser for the Kiwanis Club of Abingdon.
- Staging for the parade begins at 4:30pm on Main Street between Hutton Street (Farris Funeral Home) and Tanner Street. Please enter the staging area on East Main Street near Hutton Street.
- Do not park on Main Street in front of Frost Funeral Home (even if you've always parked there). The Clydesdale horses need that room to get up the hill.
- Parade entries will be judged at 5:15pm, only parade entries staged and ready to go on Main Street between Tanner Street and Hutton Street will be judged for prizes.
Kiwanis Club contacts for the parade:
Kaitlynn Snider, 276 492-8284
Amanda Bailey, 276 492-2011